Friday, March 7, 2014

Tile My World, Softly

Once there was a small boy and a bottle of red nail polish......

You know where I'm going here!!  I've never before cried over spilled milk like this.  I had just installed an expensive floor-to-floor carpet in my bedroom.  Just days later, my two year old was playing in my bathroom cabinet while I was doing my makeup.  He pulled out my red nail polish and with the care and diligence of a two year old, proceeded to drop it on the tile floor.  Of course, it shattered and sprayed red polish onto my new (and did I say "expensive") carpet.  I really did cry.... like a baby!  I'm a bit ashamed to admit that, but I guess I just did.  Unfortunately, there was no fix, and I had to replace the whole thing!

This is one of the inherent problems with traditional wall-to-wall laid carpet.  I have a solution to offer for those who love the comfort of carpet, but dislike the installment and care requirements, not to mention the lack of variety and intrigue traditional carpet has to offer.

This is a product that gets me excited every time I talk about it!  I've been using them in my own home for six years.

Carpet tiles have come a long way, Baby! 

 
Every texture, every color, every style can be found in a versatile, interchangeable carpet tile fit for a dressed up barn to a queen's palace.
 
The glory of carpet tiles is in their versatility and ease of assembly and care.  You can place them in any room in any format and size to achieve a truly one-of-a-kind, designed by you, flooring that will enhance your décor in just the right way.  They can be placed on any floor surface.  In fact, I even cut some to fit my stair treads.  Anything you can think of, you can do it with carpet tiles.
 
The only company I know that makes carpet tiles specifically for the home is Flor.  Its website (www.flor.com) is chock full of room galleries for design inspiration.  For the ultra creative types, the website boasts a FlorBuilder tool to create just what you imagine (or what you didn't!).  Many a night I have been found fiddling with the tool for an hour or more just to see what I could concoct.  Professional design assistance via phone and online is available, and storefronts exist throughout the country.
 
Did I say how easy they are to clean?!?  You can pop out a single tile, clean it and put back in place.  If too far damaged, you can simply replace the damaged tiles with new ones (hint:  Always order extra tiles).
 
My bedroom floor is now covered, wall-to-wall, in these tiles.  In other rooms I have utilized them as rugs and even stair treads.
 
Flor has created lovely vintage inspired carpet lines, like those shown here plus much more on the website.  Longer piled carpets are also available.  You can place the tiles on any flat surface.  They do not adhere to the floor, but simply to each other to stay in place.

All Flor products are made of varying degrees of renewable and recyclable material. 
 
FYI, Flor is offering 25% off your order through March 14. 
Samples can be ordered online at low cost, as well.
 
I'd love to know what you think of this product.  Check out their website at www.flor.com and write me back.


 Erin











 

No comments:

Post a Comment